||[Jan. 2nd, 2008|09:44 am]
Happy New Year Everyone! (anyone)
So, I'm in the library, and I'm procrastinating while I wait for my essay-books to be delivered from the stacks.
Last year was good. It was my best year for a very long time. No major upsets, many major achievements.
I don't have New Year's Resolutions (they are for the Weak, apparently), but I'm going to concentrate on some things more heavily, and give up others entirely, if possible.
Things to encourage:
- early mornings: breakfast or swimming, either way up at 7 and out of the house by 8 is the way to go
- more time at home: in a 'reading articles and doing work' way, rather than a 'sitting on facebook and obsessing about buffy' way.
- more wandering: further afield - have covered most of the ground within the ring road now
- more music: not just listening to stuff I already know and love
- more financing: should be able to plan and budget and not cry at the thought of looking at my bank balance
Things to discourage / give up:
- excessive drinking: for so many reasons, not least the horrendous expense of being a real ale junkie
- naps: sleep is for the night, not for brief bursts before dinner
- obsessive DVD watching: more addictive than crack (so I hear, anyway)
- 'harmless' crushes: accidentally calling your boyfriend 'Spike' is not the way forward
- being a psychoanalyst: elusive people aren't that exciting once you get past the walls (repeat to fade)
Okey, books should be here now!